Who we are
VGS is committed to providing the highest level of protection regarding the processing of personal data of its employees, vendors, and clients based on applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal data comprises all the details that VGS collects and processes directly or indirectly about you as an individual. This includes information about your identity and contact details (such as name, email-ID, contact number), including information received from third parties and information collected through the use of VGS websites, cookies, or other similar tools. VGS will first and foremost comply with local law where it exists.
Processing Personal Data
VGS may process your personal data where such relevant personally identifiable information is required to be processed for legitimate VGS purposes as follows, but not limited to:
- Processing applications for products and services.
- Providing products and services (It is not feasible for an organization to provide a product/service without processing).
- Monitoring and improving our website and its content.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- Complying with applicable local or foreign law, regulation, policy, voluntary codes, directives, judgments, or court orders, as well as any contractual obligation pursuant to agreements between VGS and any authority, regulator, enforcement agency or body, or any request coming from said entities.
- Establishing, exercising, or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings. Surveillance of premises (Video Recording).
VGS processes your personal data for the performance of contracts/agreements concluded with you, compliance with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, or VGS’s legitimate interests to provide you with adequate and qualitative products and services and to prevent against any excessive risk. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use such data will not work for you.
Access to Personal Data
Your personal data processed by VGS will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients on a need-to-know basis or where required by law. Our policy does not apply to third-party websites where our online advertisements are displayed, nor to linked third-party websites that we do not operate or control.
To the extent permitted by law, VGS may record and monitor your communications with VGS to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies.
Retention of Personal Information
Your personal data processed by VGS are kept in a form that permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed in line with legal, regulatory, or statutory obligations. At the expiry of such periods, your personal data will be deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
How To Access and Control Your Personal Data?
Subject to applicable law, regulations, and/or industry guidelines, you may have the right to invoke a data subject right in relation to your personal data being processed by VGS.
The security and confidentiality of your personal data are important to us, and VGS has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as VGS. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
VGS operates channels, pages, and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist, and engage with employees, vendors, and clients/customers. VGS may monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about VGS to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate to VGS through such social media sites the following information:
- Confidential personal data, including any information regarding your financial situation, bank account details, transactions, etc.
- Sensitive personal data including:
- Special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation; and
- Other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offenses and national identification number; and
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive, or insulting information towards individuals.
VGS is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. VGS is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites.
VGS may, in its absolute discretion, update this policy from time to time.
The use of the VGS Websites and any products and services supplied are subject to our Terms and Conditions.